Part One: User Rights
- The responsible person within MediCapture group for data-processing is Mark Panetta, MediCapture Inc., 250 Hickory Road, Suite 200, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462, USA, .
His representative for matters within the European Union is Frank Magnier, MediCapture Europe B.V., Stationsplein 5, 6131 AT Sittard, Netherlands, .
- For the purpose of this document Data shall mean only personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- The data is being collected for identification of and communication with persons interested in the MediCapture products, for invoicing processes and handling of shipments. Basis for any lawful processing of data therefore is your contact with us and that it is required to develop the business relationship. The basis for the lawful processing of data for any European user is Article 6 section 1 GDPR – Regulation EU 2016/679 especially due to the processing of data for purposes of entering into a contract or processing a contract and the necessitiy to provide you with the required service.
- The data collected within the EU is being transmitted and processed in the United States by third parties, which are contractually bound both to confidentiality and data protection regulations according to the standard clauses within the European Union. Any third party is limited in the use of data collected to facilitate the customer handling by MediCapture.
- According to current data protection laws you have the following rights:
- Each user may request access to all your data including personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database and may request to confirm whether or not data concerning the user are currently being processed.
- Each user is entitled to request free information about the data stored for the user and to receive one free copy of the information. Under certain circumstances users may request to receive the data in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
- Each user is further entitled to have any such personal data either being corrected, deleted or limited specifically for any potential use and also a user shall have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data.
- Each user is entitled to request that his data shall be transferred directly from one responsible person to another, as far as this is technically feasible and as long as it does not affect the rights and freedoms of other persons.
- Each user is entitled to reject any further data processing for specific personal reasons.
- Each user is entitled to revoke the permission to process personal data at any time.
- Each user is entitled to file a complaint about the handling of personal data by MediCapture to the responsible authority.
- Each user is entitled to request, under certain circumstances regarding automated decision making, human intervention to make his/her point of view heard and challenge the decision.
- MediCapture is not making use of any profiling mechanism with data collected.
- Your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested, but not longer than the respective legal retention period. After we have deleted your account or otherwise terminated your relationship with us, we will delete or make anonymous your personal information, unless we are required by law to retain it (for example, for tax purposes) or if we need such information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, but only on a need-to-know basis. After the end of the contractual relationship, we will limit the processing of your personal data as far as possible to these limited purposes.
Part Two: Technical Issues
Like many other web sites, MediCapture.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol addresses, type of browser, internet service provider, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movements around the site, and gather demographic information. Internet protocol addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies (General Information)
When you visit our website, the following categories of cookies will be set in your browser:
These cookies collect information so that we can analyse how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
In order to keep our website services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site.
Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience.
- Google AdSense’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to MediCapture.com and other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google Ad Preferences page: www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective web sites.
MediCapture.com may offer electronic newsletters to visitors. Visitors may voluntarily subscribe to the electronic newsletters by providing their email addresses and other relevant information including delivery preferences. Newsletter subscribers may remove themselves from the newsletter mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. MediCapture.com never shares newsletter mailing lists or other visitor information with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners, except as may be required by law enforcement agencies. Where a user registers for the newsletter, we may collect and process (among other things) data (as defined above). This data is processed by us to provide you with the newsletter and, to the extent permitted by law, other marketing materials and to analyse your interests for marketing purposes. The legal basis for the processing is for European users Article 6 section 1 GDPR – Regulation EU 2016/679.
The regulations contained in Part One apply here as well.